Joomla! has the functionility of Usergroup, but it can be applied from admin panel only. Off course you can set default usergroup, which should be applied to user on registration. But you can set only one. Usergroup Selector allows you to chose those usergroup(s) which should be allowed to select by user, at the time of registration from front-end. On behalf of this you can do many other task, link which subscription plans should be displayed to which usergroup's users. But make sure you do not allow any Administrator or Super User group, to select from front-end.
What is Usergroup Selector?
Usergroup Selector is an Open Source plugin for Joomla!, which allowed user(s) to select usergroup their own, at the time of registration. Off-course admin user can chose the usergroups from admin panel and these usergropus will be visible in registration form. By default option to select usergroup, will be displayed in registration form.
How to use Usergroup Selector?
It is very easy to use this plugin. But still we have listed all the steps with screenshots. Just follow the steps below and you are done with it.
- Download the plugin from Page. You are required to be logged in while downloading the plugin. If you are not registered with us then you can sign up from this.
- Install the downloaded plugin in your Joomla! setup.
- Go to plugin manager and search for the plugin "Usergroup Selector". Its a system plugin. Now edit that plugin for enabling it and setting up the allowed Joomla! user groups from front-end.
- Under basic options tab, a select list of all available usergroups is shown. You need to select those user groups which should be allowed for user registration. New user can select any one usergroup at the time or registration. And that usergroup will be assigned to that user.
- Label and description of usergropup field in front-end registration form, will be displayed according to values entered in Label and description field here. You also have the option to make this field required at the front end registration. One more option is there to select the default usergroup, which should be selected at front end.
- Multiple Selection field should be enabled if you want your users can select multiple usergorups at the time of registration.
- Now go to Create Account Page, an option for selection usergroup will be visible.